We are seeking a Director of Retail and Coffee Educator to build out Cooperative’s first coffee service and educational programs. The person who takes on this role will be responsible for working with our team to plan events like cuppings, tastings, and classes to be held at our roastery’s classroom facility. They will also coordinate and execute pop-ups serving Cooperative coffee on our espresso machine, either in our classroom or at other locations, when opportunities arise. Daily tasks will include: working with our director of coffee to develop our coffee curriculum, creating a robust calendar of retail events and posting them on our website, social media and event platforms, responding to inquiries about educational opportunities, scheduling barista trainings directly with cafe customers, hosting/conducting educational events and pop-ups, and, possibly, in the long term, managing a small staff.
If you get satisfaction from dialing in the perfect espresso and blowing people’s minds with the details of how different kinds of processing affect the flavors we find in our cups, those skills will serve you well in this role. At the same time, as a member of our small roastery team, you will also need to bring your energy to whatever projects may need our attention on any given day, with genuine enthusiasm and care.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited to engage the public with our carefully crafted coffees and motivated to learn about cooperative business models. As a growing business actively working to become employee-owned, we would like to hire someone who desires to grow with us.This person will share our goals to identify and maximize the opportunities we have to create social and cultural transformation, both within the coffee industry and in our local community. They will also be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, giving and receiving honest, constructive feedback, and practicing consensus decision making.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $20/hr starting at 15-20 hours per week with the opportunity to take on more hours as we roll out more events and classes. We envision that this will become a full-time position by June 2022.
- 3 weeks of paid personal time off, annually
- Free coffee for you and discounted coffee for you to share with friends/family
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with our director of coffee to develop our coffee curriculum
- Create and manage a calendar of retail and educational events and post them on event platforms
- Teach baristas brewing and espresso skills
- Promote events on social media and through local outlets
- Track and order weekly inventory for events and classes
- Enthusiastically support the holistic development of Cooperative
- 3+ years of professional coffee experience
- Experience teaching coffee concepts–experience training baristas preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate on projects and plan events
- The Director of Retail and Coffee Educator will need to lift boxes and equipment up to 40lbs and assist other members of our team in moving coffee bags and equipment that weigh up to 170lbs.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, Mar 11, 2022.
We will respond to each applicant, so if you don’t hear anything back from us within three days, please try reaching out again.
Cooperative Coffee Roasters is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.